Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Reflection on today’s first reading – 8/4/2015 – Numbers 12:1-13

What stuck out to me in today’s first reading is this phrase: “Moses himself was by far the meekest man on the face of the earth.”  Wow. I know that Moses was not a natural public speaker, but I don’t remember this phrase from reading the book of Numbers, of Moses being “by fare the meekest man on the face of the earth.”  I can relate to that.  I am the poster child for introverts.  In fact, having been raised in a family of extreme extroverts, I always felt like this little Martian baby that was plopped into my mom’s arms.  I am sure she felt that way too.  Back when I was growing up, terms like introvert and extrovert were not thrown around like they are today, and I certainly did not know my Myers-Briggs profile (which is INFP by the way).  Many of us are called to vocations which on the surface may not seem to be a natural fit.  However, let us all to have the courage to follow the calling to which God has for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment