Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Blessing of the motorcycles -



On Saturday morning I got up at 4:00 am to make my way over to the Huddle House in Tupelo to give a blessing to a parishioner and some of his friends who were traveling to Sturgis South Dakota for the Harley Davidson gathering.  That was early even for me, an early bird!  As most of you know, I love pilgrimage as a part of my life as a priest, having been to the shrine in Cartago, Costa Rica, as well as Rome and Santiago de Compostela and the Jesuit mission sites near Iguazu Falls in northern Argentina.  Living in the town where Elvis was born, I know that pilgrimage comes in different shapes and forms.  I pray for Mike Vaughan and his buddies as they enjoy their pilgrimage to South Dakota - blessings to you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment