Thursday, August 28, 2014

You think you know a person...


Recently, a friend was asking me about the themes that I have in my homilies.  Interesting request, so I thought.  So I went to my blogger portal and did a search of the words included in the 1297 posts I have on my blog in the last several years.  Very interesting results indeed.  85 posts had the word “eucharist.”  38 noted St Francis of Assisi, while 20 noted Ignatius of Loyola.  177 had the theme of serving others.  288 addressed the Gospel of Life, while 43 addressed respect life.  As to the popes, 77 included Pope Francis, 13 Pope Gregory the Great, 31 Pope Pius XII, 57 Pope John Paul II, and 49 Pope Benedict. The Camino of St James - 121 posts. Teresa of Avila, my favorite saint, was mentioned 24 times.  Liberation theology – only 3 posts!  2 less posts than Hildegard of Bingen, at 5 posts.  Mary Oliver, my favorite poet, was mentioned 5 times.  And Thomas Merton 10 times.  And Gustavo Gutierrez – one post!  Huh – you think you know a person!  Including yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment