Monday, April 21, 2014

Prayer to begin the day


While doing research for this upcoming Sunday’s homily, the Gospel of “Doubting Thomas” when the risen Christ visits the disciples after his death and resurrection, I found this short prayer on the Catholic.net website.  I thought it was definitely worth sharing:

Christ, I thank you for the gift of faith. You know that I believe, but I want my faith to grow. In knowing you I find meaning, rest and strength. I need you, Lord. I trust in your loving mercy. You know what I need the most today. All I ask is that you remain at my side throughout this day. That is enough for me. I want to spend this day making you happy, pleasing you with my every thought, word and action.

Blooming trees at entrance of our parish center
St James Catholic Church, Tupelo, Mississippi

No comments:

Post a Comment