Monday, January 28, 2013

Not "A Priest in the Mississippi Delta" for long...

Back in October 2010, I was assigned as pastor at St Mary and St Francis of Assisi parishes in Yazoo City and All Saints parish in Belzoni.  It has been wonderful serving up here in the Delta in these parishes, and in the two prisons in Yazoo City.  Yesterday, I had my last Sunday masses in my parishes, as I get ready for my new assignment in northeast Mississippi.  I will serve as the pastor of St James parish in Tupelo and will coordinate the regional ministry in the parishes in Fulton, New Albany, and Ripley.  It has been sad saying goodbye to everyone up here in Yazoo and Humphreys counties, but I am looking forward to my new ministry up in northeast Mississippi.  I will have to find a new name for my blog, as I will no longer be a priest in the Mississippi Delta.  This week there may not be a lot of posts as I get ready for my new assignment and move up to Tupelo on Thursday.  I still have a lot of loose ends to tie up down here in Yazoo City.  Blessings to everyone -

No comments:

Post a Comment