Sunday, September 2, 2012

We pray for the people of the Gulf Coast as they recover from Tropical Storm Isaac -

Tropical storm Isaac has come and gone  from this part of the country.  It arrived in the Jackson metro of Mississippi Wednesday while I was there for a doctor's appointment, and some of my friends in the Jackson area said that they had no electricity for parts of Wednesday and Thursday.  I did not have an interruption in our electricity in our parish in Yazoo City, but many of my parishioners out in the rural areas of the county had problems.  When I arrived at our parish in Belzoni in Humphreys country further up the Delta, I found that there were a fair number of tiles that were blown of the roof of our church.  Our prayers go out to everyone affected by the storm, those who have been affected by big ways and small ways.  We pray for a good recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment