Friday, May 11, 2012

Benedictine crucifix from the pilgrimage to Santiago -

A beautiful story from the Camino - I was walking outside of the town of Villafranca del Bierzo on one of our longest days and on the biggest incline of the pilgrimage - 35 km walking that day. I happened to meeting a wonderful young lady from Rome, along with her husband and one of her husband's friends. She was studying theology at the Gregorian University in Rome. Anyhow, after chatting with her for a while, I decided to give her one of the rosaries made by the ladies of St Richard. I had brought about 50 of them with me to give out to people - a last minute decision that ended up being one of my best decisions on the pilgrimage. She was so touched that she insisted on giving me this beautiful Benedictine crucifix that was around her neck, a gesture that really touched my heart. I will treasure this and the story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment